[Haskell] Latest Haskell Platform for Windows (2010.1.0.0) does not seem to include C++ support

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Tue May 4 17:18:28 EDT 2010

Hi

>> On checking, Haskell Platform\2010.1.0.0\mingw\libexec\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5
>> does not contain cc1plus.exe. Previous versions of the platform have
>> done so. Is this an accidental change or a deliberate policy decision?
>
> ghc-6.12.1 on Windows did not include the mingw C++ compiler.  This was a
> mistake.  It is included once more in ghc-6.12.2.

ghc-6.12.1 didn't include cc1plus.exe or libstdc++.a. The lack of
libstdc++.a caused a failure in something I was building, so I raised
a bug and it's now included in 6.12.2. I didn't explicitly compile any
C++ code, so it's possible that still doesn't work.

It wasn't a policy decision, merely an accident, and I'm sure if you
alert people it will be rectified (since otherwise it's a regression).

Thanks, Neil