[Haskell] ANN: Yi 0.6.2.2

Jeff Wheeler jeff at nokrev.com
Wed Mar 24 17:18:53 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 3:57 PM, David Leimbach <leimy2k at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well I think I can never figure out what it is I can actually do with Yi
> once it's installed.  Editing keys are nice, but doe it let me build modules
> or jump in and out of ghci?

I'm not sure how mature Scion is now, but the integration should
provide for a lot of smart integration with GHC like that. If I
remember correctly, it should be possible to, right now, query
functions for their types smartly (i.e. actually running through GHC),
but also do a lot of stuff with the parser, like automatically
dollarify function calls (f x => f $ x, but using the fairly smart
parser).

> It's difficult at best to use tools with no manual.

I absolutely agree and issue #253 [1] would take us a long ways in the
right direction.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/yi-editor/issues/detail?id=253

--
Jeff Wheeler