[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Sifflet visual programming language, release 0.1.7

Ben Millwood haskell at benmachine.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 10:21:20 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Henning Thielemann
<lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:

> I'm uncertain whether fgl conforms to the package versioning policy, but
> if it does, then changes in its Cabal file should not bother sifflet.
> Thus upper bound fgl < 5.4.3 should be restrictive enough.

The PVP says that one of the first two numbers are required to change
if an API change is likely to break code using it, so < 5.5 would
probably suffice. I expect that the new fgl changes will bump the
version to at least 6, but in principle if some severe bug is found
with the old version it could be possible to backport a fix, and
release a 5.4.2.3 with the old API but other fixes.