[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: jhc 0.7.5
john at repetae.net
Wed Jul 21 23:50:32 EDT 2010
Announcing jhc 0.7.5! This mainly fixes some bugs that came up in
peoples testing of 0.7.4 and includes a lot more libraries in the
standard install and better standards support.
Any testing people can do with the new garbage collector -fjgc would be
greatly appreciated! As far as I know, this release has no regressions
when using the new GC, so it will be enabled by default if I get no
reports of problems with this release.
* The Garbage Collector now fully supports the Windows, OSX 10.5 (leapord),
and OSX 10.6 (snow leapord) targets.
* Lots of libraries, now that I have a somewhat general script to
cut through the cabal the following are now included with the default
- flat-foreign (CForegin, etc..)
- base (not the same as ghcs base, close enough for most tasks though)
* updates to base libraries to bring them closer to haskell 2010 and ghc base.
- updated Functor and Applicative
- added Debug.Trace
- added a few functions in h2010 not in h98
* support for adding valgrind annotations to generated source for
debugging the RTS.
* support for having the generated code annotate every heap location with
useful profiling/debugging info. useful for debugging the RTS.
* support for passing --win to the regression test driver to run all the
tests cross-compiled for windows.
* The Big HsName cleanup, finally got rid of old alegebraic HsName in favor
of abstract Name and its faster operations, faster typechecking/frontend and
code simplification opprotunities result.
* improve the selftest.
* bug fixes
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈ - http://notanumber.net/
More information about the Haskell