[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Functional Programming Bibliography

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Thu Jan 14 23:05:22 EST 2010

James Russell wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Niklas Broberg
> <niklas.broberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am pleased to announce the Functional Programming Bibliography
>>> at http://www.catamorphism.net/
>> Awesome indeed!
>>
>>> I am eager for suggestions as to how the site could be made more
>>> useful.
>> Allow (registered?) users to submit links to papers that are missing?
>>

> Yeah, I've certainly been thinking about that.
> First, I will somehow have to overcome being a complete control freak.
>
> The very first thought that crosses my mind is
> "how will I ensure that author names are well normalized?"

well, if you have boundless time and energy, you could just allow people
to submit the links to you and then you normalize and post them!

(Is it essential that they *are* normalized? Also, by the way, your
website says the data is (semi)freely copyable, under CC BY-NC-SA, but I
didn't notice any way to access the database data directly (although
searching with no constraints, it seems, shows everything in a rendered
format)

Is there related bibliographic-website work on the Web? Somehow my
intuition suggests that it ought to be a fairly easy solved problem
that's not helped by a software/database being specific to (in this
case) functional programming topics (a slightly fuzzy category);
although perhaps the small-ness and fun-ness are nice, warm, fuzzy
things in themselves. :-)

-Isaac