[Haskell] ANN: concurrent-extra-0.2
Roel van Dijk
vandijk.roel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 13:33:17 EST 2010
We would like to announce an update of concurrent-extra .
- A bug in RLock.acquire (thanks to Felipe Lessa).
- Broadcast: Wake multiple threads by broadcasting a value. This
is a generalisation of Event.
- Thread: Threads extended with the ability to wait for their
- delay: Arbitrarily long thread delays.
- timeout: Wait arbitrarily long for an IO computation to finish.
The lightweight thread wrapper was inspired by the threadmanager
package . The main advantage of our implementation is that we
don't maintain an internal mapping from ThreadId to
ThreadStatus. Instead we rely on the forked thread to broadcast
its status to interested listeners. This should result in better
performance (no lookup required).
Every exported symbol is now documented.
Roel & Bas van Dijk
More information about the Haskell