[Haskell] Many broken links

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Fri Dec 31 17:54:30 CET 2010

L.S.,

I find, quite often, links to haskell.org/xxx pages that have disappeared;
isn't it possible to just copy all of these pages, to the original
location, before the old server disappears?

I used the W3C link checker[0] to check links from the GUI libraries
page[1]; the following pages were reported missing:
  - http://haskell.org/FranTk
  - http://www.haskell.org/fruit/
  - http://haskell.org/ObjectIO
  - http://haskell.org/graphics/

Other (sets of) pages that are missing:
  - http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/
  - http://haskell.org/hdirect/
  - http://www.haskell.org/~simonmar/
  - http://www.haskell.org/sitewiki/
  - http://www.haskell.org/all_about_monads
  - http://darcs.haskell.org/hfuse/
  - http://darcs.haskell.org/yaht
  - http://haskell.org/haskore/
  - http://www.haskell.org/yampa/
  - http://darcs.haskell.org/~lemmih/
and probably many more.

I suppose some of the maintainers have left, but the pages might still
have some value.

Some pages might be copied to the HaskellWiki, if the author gives
permission to do so.

It would also be good, to know which of these pages are obsolete, so that
the links to these pages can be removed.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

[0] http://validator.w3.org/checklink/
[1]