[Haskell] Biohaskell Weekly News (was: Notes from "Haskell takes over the world" BoF at ICFP)

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Thu Dec 2 21:52:52 CET 2010

A long, long time ago, on a mailing list far away, Don Stewart
<dons at galois.com> wrote:

> Here  are the notes transcribed from the Future of Haskell BoF held
> after the Haskell Symposium last week.

>  * Need to encourage special interest groups (SIGs) to form around
>    particular domain areas in the libraries. AI, BioInf, Networking,
>    etc.                                          ^^^^^^

Recently, there seems to have been an increased interest in
bioinformatics and Haskell, and I thought it would be a good idea to try
to organize the community a bit.  After discussing it a bit, we now have:

1) A DNS domain: biohaskell.org
2) A mailing list: http://biohaskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/biohaskell
3) A gitit wiki: http://biohaskell.org

If you are interested in bioinformatics and the Haskell programming
language, please subscribe to the mailing list and add your voice on the
wiki.

-k

(Also announced at
http://blog.malde.org/index.php/2010/11/28/towards-a-biohaskell-community/
but I guess not everybody subscribes to the RSS feed :-)