[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: gnome-keyring 0.1 (bindings to libgnome-keyring)

John Millikin jmillikin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 21:38:42 EST 2009

The GNOME Keyring is a service for securely storing per-user secret
information, such as passwords and encryption keys, on the GNOME
desktop. This library is a binding to the libgnome-keyring C library.

The API is still a bit too slave-ish to the original for my taste,
some modules will be changing/merging in the next version. The innards
are an absolute horror -- don't look too close if you're one of those
people who faint at rampant unsafe casting.

That said, it works surprisingly well for a first-release FFI binding
-- mostly due to the excellent design of libgnome-keyring and c2hs.

So if any Linux/BSD/OpenSolaris/etc users have needed secure password
storage in Haskell, please try it out and let me know if you encounter
any problems.
Download: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/gnome-keyring/
API docs (copy of original library docs):
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1947532/gnome-keyring_0.1/index.html