[Haskell] Re: ANN: haskell-src-exts 1.0.0 rc1 (aka 0.5.2)

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 19:52:30 EDT 2009

> I have just uploaded haskell-src-exts-0.5.4 to hackage, which is 1.0.0
> rc2. Thanks a lot to those who tested the previous version, and please
> continue to test and report!

Another day, another release candidate. Please see
haskell-src-exts-0.5.5, 1.0.0 rc3. Thanks a lot to all reports, and
please keep up the good work!

Changes in 0.5.5:
================

* BangPatterns are now correctly handled everywhere (I think - tricksy
little imps they are). I would like to put out a special call for
tests of files that use bang patterns, in particular if they appear in
"strange" locations inside patterns.

* TypeFamilies now implies KindSignatures, as in GHC.

* Chained contexts, e.g. foo :: Eq a => Show a => a, are now handled correctly.

* . is no longer considered a reserved operator but a special operator
when explicit forall is enabled, which means Prelude.. now parses
correctly.

* Parenthesised patterns inside list patterns no longer require
RegularPatterns enabled.

* List expressions are no longer translated to tuple expressions by
the fixity mangler (yes, it did that)...

Cheers,

/Niklas