[Haskell] Re: HaskellWiki Update

Benjamin L.Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Sun Jan 18 22:00:32 EST 2009

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 20:47:39 -0800, Ashley Yakeley
<ashley at semantic.org> wrote:

>There has been a lot of spam on HaskellWiki. Since anonymous edits have
>been switched off, a spammer tactic has been to create hundreds of
>accounts to evade individual account blocks.
>
>To combat this, I have
>
>1. deleted all user accounts that have made no edits;
>2. switched off account creation;
>3. blocked at least some of the remaining spam accounts.
>
>This is obviously not ideal, as there is now no way for new users to
>edit the wiki. I will investigate appropriate ways to allow account
>creation.

Instead of switching off all new account creation, perhaps you could
shut off account creation/access for just those domains for which
spammers have been creating accounts?

-- Benjamin L. Russell
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
-- Matsuo Basho^