[Haskell] Galois is Hiring

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Tue Aug 11 17:59:55 EDT 2009

Galois is continuing to hire.

We will also be at ICFP and related events, so come and see Lee Pike or me.

We have multiple positions for talented functional programmers (with both
junior and senior positions).

A strong functional programming ability is an advantage (you will be programming in
Haskell), and a good computer science background is required. Experience with
compilers, operating systems, networking, security, and formal methods is of
particular interest.

Galois is based in Portland, Oregon. Our engineers work with functional
languages, designing and developing advanced technologies for safety and
security-critical systems, networks, and applications.

Galois technical staff members play a pivotal role in developing advanced
software technology. Enginners work in small team settings, and must
successfully interact with clients, partners, and other employees in a highly
cooperative, collaborative, and intellectually challenging environment.

Technical staff may be called upon to write proposals, gather requirements, and
work in all stages of the software development process, from requirements
gathering to testing and validation.  Additional duties may include project
management, technology research and development, and technical infrastructure
development.

We’re looking for people who can invent, learn, think, and inspire.  We reward
creativity and thrive on collaboration. We offer great benefits and perks,
including a 401K plan, stock options, paid vacation, family health plan,
flexible work schedule, a casual work environment, snacks, espresso and
foosball.

A Masters or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science is desirable. Additionally, a
strong programming background and experience with Haskell or other functional
programming languages is preferred. You must work well with customers,
including building rapport, identifying needs, and communicating with strong
written, verbal and presentation skills. Must be highly motivated and able to
self-manage to deadlines and quality goals.

To learn more about us, visit

    http://www.galois.com
and
    http://www.galois.com/company/careers

The types of technology we use are covered in our blog:

    http://www.galois.com/blog/

We’d like to hear from you!

Send your cover letter and resume to us at jobs2009 at galois.com.