[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: hs-bibutils-0.1

andrea rossato andrea.rossato at unitn.it
Sat Dec 27 16:12:19 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm happy to announce the first release of hs-bibutils, the Haskell
bindings to Chris Putnam's bibutils.[1]

Bibutils is a library and a set of bibliographic utilities to
interconvert between various bibliography database formats using a
common MODS-format XML intermediate.

hs-bibutils is meant to provide to citeproc-hs, and indirectly to
pandoc, the ability to parse all the bibliographic database formats
supported by bibutils.

citeproc-hs[2] is a Haskell implementation of the Citation Style
Language. It adds to pandoc a Bibtex like citation and bibliographic
formatting and generation facility.

DOWNLOADS

hs-bibutils can be downloaded from Hackage:

http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/hs-bibutils

The project home page can be found here:

http://code.haskell.org/hs-bibutils/

INSTALLATION AND KNOWN ISSUES

bibutils builds, without installing it, a static library to be used to
compile the various converting utilities. But in order to use the
library with pandoc (or ghci) it is necessary to create and install a
shared object before building and installing hs-bibutils.

hs-bibutils provides a patch to the bibutils building scripts to
enable the shared object creation and installation. Alternatively a
patched version of the latest release of bibutils can be downloaded
from the project home page, where all the needed information for the
installation are provided:

http://code.haskell.org/hs-bibutils/#installation

I was able to test the patched building scripts only on a Linux
machine with a x86 system. Please report me any success or failure on
other systems/architectures.

BUG REPORTS

To submit bug reports you can either contact me directly or use the
citeproc-hs bug tracking system available at the following address:

http://code.google.com/p/citeproc-hs/issues

Hope you'll enjoy,
Andrea Rossato

[1] http://www.scripps.edu/~cdputnam/software/bibutils/