[Haskell] Re: Trying to install binary-0.4

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 06:03:13 EDT 2007

Duncan and I have started a wiki page to collect proposals for ways to
avoid or alleviate the pain from future package reorganisations.

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/PackageCompatibility

It's been helpful for me to write all this down, the issues seem much
clearer.  However, I don't see an obviously best solution.  For me proposal
4.2 (see the wiki page) looks the most promising, but it doesn't provide
complete backwards compatibility, so I imagine there will be people who
disagree.

Please read the page.  Fix problems, add rationale, add proposals if you
have any that are substantially different from those already there.  For
general discussion just reply to this message (replies directed to
libraries at haskell.org).

Cheers,
	Simon