[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Harpy -- run-time code generation library

Dirk Kleeblatt klee at cs.tu-berlin.de
Fri May 11 07:01:36 EDT 2007

Bas van Dijk wrote:
> Regarding the use of labels, did you consider using "circular
> programming with recursive do" to define and reference labels like in:
>
> Russell O'Connor, Assembly: Circular Programming with Recursive do
> http://haskell.org/sitewiki/images/1/14/TMR-Issue6.pdf

Yes, we considered this technique, but we came to the conclusion that it
is not applicable in our setting: we are writing directly to malloc'ed
memory, so our operations are strict in the label parameter. Thus, the
fixpoint of the recursive mdo would be bottom.

However, these were (up to now) only theoretical thoughts, maybe our
hypothesis of strict operations can be weakened.

Kind regards,
   Dirk