[Haskell] refactoring, catamorphism, termination of programs

C.M.Brown cmb21 at kent.ac.uk
Wed May 2 10:06:42 EDT 2007

Hi Jahannes,

> I don't want to make a big research project out of this,
> rather I think of quickly putting together a prototype
> that proves the concept.
>
> I figure it could be distilled from some existing refactoring suite,
> or be manufactured from existing building blocks.

Well, HaRe -- the Haskell refactorer -- offers a full API for building
transformations and refactorings for the full Haskell 98 standard.

http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/refactor-fp/hare.html

A new release will hopefully be released very soon (even in the next
few days) which will be compatible with ghc-6.6.1.
The releases on our refactoring page currently only work with GHC-6.4.*.

> E.g. Language.Haskell.* from the ghc libs,
> and perhaps "Typing Haskell in Haskell"?
> http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/424440.html

HaRe also uses the GHC API and type checker, with parts of the HaRe API
extended to retrieve type information from GHC on abritrary expressions
and functions.

Kind regards,
Chris.