[Haskell] Haskell Weekly News: March 12, 2007

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Mon Mar 12 12:06:24 EDT 2007

Am Montag, 12. März 2007 03:52 schrieb Donald Bruce Stewart:
> […]

>      * [41]Why Publish CS Papers Without Code?

> […]

> 41. http://billmill.org/why_no_code

Interesting!

This leads me to the question how copyright of code fragments included in
conference papers is handled.  Say, I submit a paper containing some code
fragments to the ICFP.  I have to assign  the copyright of the paper to the
ACM.  Does this mean that the ACM will hold the copyright of the code
fragments?  Does this mean that I’m not allowed to publish the source code
containing these code fragments as open source software somewhere?

Best wishes,
Wolfgang