[Haskell] [Fwd: Re: Computer Language Shootout]

Andrzej Jaworski himself at poczta.nom.pl
Mon Feb 26 09:49:48 EST 2007

The examples I pointed to seem to share strong and relatively consistent
logic of a program. In case of large GA (e.g. Royal Road Problem) and IFP
(e.g. ADATE) SML was exhaustively proved to predict this logic much better.

In case of Algebraic Dynamic Programming C compiler seems to address
specific properties of a program more adequately which leads to substantial
improvements in optimization. It is important to stress that we deal in ADP
with strong logic of the domain application. Handcrafting C code for regular
applications does not show that kind of advantage, so it wouldn't leave
Haskell in the dust. In general declarative nature has the edge over C
craftsmanship (see:
http://www.clip.dia.fi.upm.es/papers/carro06:stream-interpreter-TR.pdf).