[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: New Book - Programming in Haskell

Graham Robertson grobertson at cambridge.org
Fri Feb 9 08:34:37 EST 2007

Just a quick addendum to the earlier announcement, to say that course
instructors can request inspection copies for this textbook via:

http://www.cambridge.org/uk/9780521692694 for UK and European institutions
or
http://www.cambridge.org/us/9780521692694 for US institutions

If you need more information feel free to contact me using the details
below.

Best wishes
Graham

Graham Robertson
Senior Marketing Controller,
Academic & Professional Books
Cambridge University Press
Cambridge CB2 8RU
T: +44 (0)1223 325 916
F: +44 (0)1223 325 632
e: grobertson"@"cambridge.org

To receive email alerts of new Cambridge titles in your field please go to
http://www.cambridge.org/alerts

Graham Hutton <gmh at Cs.Nott.AC.UK>
Sent by: haskell-bounces at haskell.org
08/02/2007 17:49

haskell at haskell.org
cc
gmh at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Subject
[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: New Book - Programming in Haskell

                    *** NEW BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT ***

                        Programming in Haskell

               Graham Hutton, University of Nottingham
               Cambridge University Press, January 2007

       Paperback: ISBN-13: 9780521692694 | ISBN-10: 0521692695
        Hardback: ISBN-13: 9780521871723 | ISBN-10: 0521871727

DESCRIPTION

Haskell  is  one of  the  leading  languages  for teaching  functional
programming, enabling students to  write simpler and cleaner code, and
to  learn   how  to  structure   and  reason  about   programs.   This
introduction  is   ideal  for  beginners:  it   requires  no  previous
programming  experience  and all  concepts  are  explained from  first
principles  via  carefully  chosen  examples.  Each  chapter  includes
exercises that  range from  the straightforward to  extended projects,
plus  suggestions for further  reading on  more advanced  topics.  The
presentation  is  clear and  simple,  and  benefits  from having  been
refined and class-tested over several years.

Features  include:  freely   accessible  powerpoint  slides  for  each
chapter;  solutions  to  exercises,  and examination  questions  (with
solutions)  available to instructors;  downloadable code  that's fully
compliant  with  the  latest  Haskell release.

CONTENTS

   Preface
   1. Introduction
   2. First steps
   3. Types and classes
   4. Defining functions
   5. List comprehensions
   6. Recursive functions
   7. Higher-order functions
   8. Functional parsers
   9. Interactive programs
   10. Declaring types and classes
   11. The countdown problem
   12. Lazy evaluation
   13. Reasoning about programs
   Appendix A. Standard prelude
   Appendix B. Symbol table
   Bibliography

FURTHER DETAILS:

   http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~gmh/book.html

| Dr Graham Hutton                     Email : gmh at cs.nott.ac.uk      |
| School of Computer Science and IT                                   |
| University of Nottingham             Web   : www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~gmh |
| Jubilee Campus, Wollaton Road                                       |
| Nottingham NG8 1BB, UK               Phone : +44 (0)115 951 4220    |

attachment
may still contain software viruses, which could damage your computer
system: