[Haskell] Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.8.2

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Wed Dec 26 17:07:07 EST 2007

[if this thread has to keep running, could you please drop me of the cc?
 and how did it manage to end up on haskell@ - that is the wrong list ]

> In that case, though, would you happen to know which
> value in the registry would allow me to override
> HOMEPATH for GHCi?

if you go to the beginning of this thread, when it was still on
glasgow-haskell-users at haskell.org , you'll find (13/12/2007):

; if you absolutely want to define a %HOME%, and you
; also absolutely want to keep it different from %HOMEPATH%
; (which means you have two homes to take care of!), then
; you could try a simple workaround:
;
; %HOMEPATH%\.ghci:
;
;     :cmd System.Environment.getEnv "HOME" >>= \h->readFile (h++"/.ghci")
;
; %HOME\.ghci
;
;    -- as before

ie, don't override HOMEPATH, use it (or rather, the place
returned by System.Directory.getHomeDirectory) as the
place to tell ghci where to look for your favourite holiday,
weekend, or winter home; replace HOME with GHCIHOME
or whatever you'd like to set.

merry christmas everyone!-)
claus