[Haskell] Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.8.2

Chris Kuklewicz haskell at list.mightyreason.com
Fri Dec 21 04:58:49 EST 2007

Benjamin L. Russell wrote:
> Will a binary version of 6.8.2 be released any time
> soon for Mac OS X 10.5.x Leopard running on a PowerPC,
> as opposed to an Intel?
>
> I have a first-generation aluminum PowerBook with a
> PowerPC currently running Mac OS X 10.2.8 Jaguar, and
> am considering upgrading to Leopard next month, but
> want to install GHC 6.8.2 on it with a binary.
>
> Does this mean that I should not upgrade to that OS
> version?

I have a PPC laptop with OS 10.5.1 Leopard.

The ghc-6.8.1 does not work.  Though there is limited success if you only ever
use -fvia-C.  Fixing one problem (
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/1843 ) has merely revealed another (
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/1958 ).

The problem is being worked on.  But you will not get (PPC && Leopard &&
ghc-6.8) yet.