[Haskell] Quantified class constraints (& back-chaining)

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 2 03:34:50 EDT 2007

See also the paper that Ralf and I wrote about "Derivable type classes" (on my pubs page) which uses quantified constraints.

Quantified constraints would be another perfectly sensible extension.  GHC does not support them at the moment though.  I'm really not too sure how much work it'd be to add them; quite significant I suspect.

Simon