[Haskell] Re: Software Engineering and Functional Programming (withHaskell)

apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Wed Apr 4 04:22:35 EDT 2007

John Hughes wrote:
> Take a look at "World Class Product Certification using Erlang" by Ulf Wiger et al.
> It's about a real project, not a scientific experiment,

Though I find the scientific experiment described in "Haskell vs. Ada
vs. C++ vs. Awk vs. ..., An Experiment in Software Prototyping
Productivity" by Paul Hudak and Mark P. Jones particularly amusing ("in
their minds the use of higher-order functions to capture regions was
just a trick that would probably not be useful in other contexts").

A link to the paper can be found on
   http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_in_practice

Regards,
apfelmus