[Haskell] HASKELL TUTORIAL WANTED FOR RHO 06

Luigi Liquori Luigi.Liquori at sophia.inria.fr
Wed Oct 18 04:43:42 EDT 2006

Dear HASKELL people.

we are organizing in Kings College, London (23-24 october) one small workshop
on the Rewriting Calculus.

http://rho.loria.fr/workshop2006.html

In one phrase, rewriting calculus

http://rho.loria.fr/

is lambda calculus with sophisticated pattern matching features which is able to capture
a large class of Term Rewriting Systems.

***
Without any doubt, the closest functional
language featuring pattern matching is HASKELL!
***

We will be honored whether some UK-HASKELL "acholyte"
could give to us a 1 hour talk about HASKELL, with a particular
focus on pattern matching features and types, compilers, et al.

Of course we would be happy to take any expense into account.

We have already contacted some of us, but time is running ...

In any case, we you will be happy to join us, to learn a bit about
the Rewriting calculus (preliminary program attached!)

All the best,
Grazie mille,

Luigi Liquori, Claude Kirchner and Maribel Fernandez
(the WS organizers)

--
  Luigi Liquori, Ph.D,
  INRIA Researcher, Sophia Antipolis