[Haskell] package mounting

Frederik Eaton frederik at a5.repetae.net
Wed Oct 25 23:35:55 EDT 2006

Hi lists,

I recently read Simon Peyton Jones' proposal:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/GhcPackages

and disagreed with some of the design decisions. (To be fair, the
aspects I disagree with are shared with most or all of the other
proposals) So I've put an alternative proposal here:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/PackageMounting

Discussion is welcome (but only on the libraries@ list, please).
Hopefully we can weigh the benefits of each proposal, and reach an
agreement and write up a more formal specification within the next few
months or so provided that people decide that this is an extension we
want to implement.

Cheers,

Frederik

P.S. (I'm sorry that I missed Sven's earlier package mounting thread
in July. But I hope the above article covers what my response would
have been)

--
http://ofb.net/~frederik/