[Haskell] HaWiki closing in one month; migrate content to HaskellWiki now!

Brett Giles gilesb at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Thu Oct 5 14:12:22 EDT 2006

For those of you busy moving the changes over, you may want to check out
the new Haskell wiki guidelines at
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/HaskellWiki:Guidelines as there are some
differences with the old HaWiki (especially in page naming :)

Also the editing help at http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Help:Editing
contains a summary of some of the formatting differences between the old
and new wiki's.

> Hi all,
>
> HaWiki[1] has been deprecated since the beginning of this year[2] when
> the new HaskellWiki[3] was introduced. However, we are now in the
> situation where we have both wikis running in parallel, which
> occasionally causes confusion to users, and means we have outdated
> information lying around on the old wiki.
>
> We have therefore decided that the old wiki will be taken down at the
> end of this month. If there is any information on it that you think
> should be kept but has not yet been migrated to the new wiki, this is
> the time to act!
>
> We have made a page for handling the migration, listing all the pages on
> the old wiki:
>     http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/HaWiki_migration
> If you migrate a page, or find that it has already been migrated, then
> remove it from the list.
>
> Remember you need to check licences before moving content to the new
> wiki!
>

> Thanks
> Ian and Shae
>

> [1] http://www.haskell.org/hawiki/