[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Visual Haskell prerelease 0.2

shelarcy shelarcy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 23:58:14 EST 2006

Hi Krasimir,

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:19:40 +0900, Krasimir Angelov <kr.angelov at gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I know there is an academic license that allows you to
> use Visual Studio free of charge for non commercial purposes. At least
> I heard that students in some Bulgarian universities are allowed to
> use it. I don't know the details because I have never used the
> academic version. I can't say anything about wine, perhaps you have to
> try it.

I can use Visual Haskell 0.0 under 2003 academic version
without any change.

But ... I can't install Visual Haskell prerelease 0.2. Near
the end of install process, Microsoft Development Environment
cause error.

I don't know this problem come from Academic version or not.
Because I've also installed Visual C++/C# 2005 Express
edition before, and I use Japanese Version.

Visual Haskell 0.0 under Japanese Version cause an problem.
I and a few people tested Visual Haskell 0.0 under Japanese
Version with Windows 2000. We saw that we can't make new
Haskell Project and Visual Haskell says like this - there is
no application associated with .cabal (We use Japanese Edition,
so I don't know correct error message under English Edition).
Of cource, Visual Haskell installer accociated .cabal by Visual
Haskell.
I also know that a person can make new Haskell Project on first
time ... but after he exit Visual Studio, he can't make new
Haskell Project again.

If does anyone can install Visuall Haskell 0.2 to academic version
or Japanese version, please report it to help finding what is
problem or not.

Best Regards,

--
shelarcy <shelarcy    capella.freemail.ne.jp>
http://page.freett.com/shelarcy/