[Haskell] Problems compiling hs-plugins

Benjamin Franksen benjamin.franksen at bessy.de
Sat Mar 4 18:12:03 EST 2006

On Saturday 04 March 2006 03:32, you wrote:
> benjamin.franksen:
> > [...]
> > INSTANCE_TYPEABLE1([],listTc,"[]")
> >
> > However, I could not find any definition for these macros. Nor does
> > the package docs mention what to install in order to get them.
>
> [...]
> This Typeable macro issue is due to the Typeable.h header, which used
> to be distributed with GHC. It's not distributed with the GHC head
> anymore -- are you using ghc 6.5?

Ah, yes. This is because I want to build hIDE. The hIDE readme suggested
to use http://scannedinavian.com/~lemmih/hs-plugins, but scannedinavian
seems to be dead. Anyway, in the meantime the suggestion has been
fixed, it now points to http://darcs.haskell.org/~lemmih/hs-plugins
which I just downloaded. So, maybe all troubles go away now.

> You can work around it by copying Typeable.h from the darcs
> repository into the include/ directory of your ghc distribution, or
> using ghc 6.4.x

I'll try the version above and see what I get. If it doesn't work, I'll
try copying the Typeable.h file from somewhere.

Many thanks!

Ben