[Haskell] Re: haskell.org Public Domain

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Wed Jan 11 01:17:20 EST 2006

In article
<036EAC76E7F5EC4996A3B3C3657D41160426B64D at EUR-MSG-21.europe.corp.microso
 "Simon Peyton-Jones" <simonpj at microsoft.com> wrote:

> My suggestion would be
> * One license for the Wiki.  If a contributor wants to put up material
> with a different license, then link to it as Udo suggested.  (This also
> makes it clear that the link is to material that is not to be edited by
> others, whereas by definition the entire Wiki actively solicits editing
> by others.)
> * That license should be maximally permissive.  Anything viral defeats
> B(ii).  Preferably even more permissive than BSD (e.g. no obligation to
> display a copyright notice.  Who would the copyright notice be *to*?)
> I'm not fussy about the details.  Just some way of saying "You can do
> what you like with this material".

I think we're going for public domain, assuming we can also add text to
satisfy German law, etc. The [[Project:Copyrights]] page will have the

The big question is the "one license" thing. Some people think other
licenses should be allowed, provided they're marked on the page.

Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA