[Haskell] Re: haskell.org Public Domain

John Peterson peterson-john at cs.yale.edu
Tue Jan 10 20:22:20 EST 2006

I'm not sure how things work legally, but the wiki itself has all of
the authorship information in it.  Simply acknowledging that something
came from the Haskell wiki would allow anyone to identify the
underlying source given the ability to crawl around in page
histories.  I wouldn't want to have to acknowledge in any finer
detail than that myself.  I'm not sure if that is something that has
to be addressed in the license itself or not though.

   John

PS - please forgive my earlier attempt at lame humor when discussing
the wiki.  When talking about copying from the wiki I mentioned Paul
Hudak and forgot a much needed smiley after his name.  Paul is most
definitely a writer of highly original content in the Haskell world
and has absolutely no need to do anything untoward with the contents of
haskell.org.  Furthermore, the community should know that it is Paul
that has to pay for haskell.org itself - something we should all be
grateful for.