[Haskell] problems with Haskell 98's record system

Cale Gibbard cgibbard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:27:10 EST 2006

On 17/02/06, Iavor Diatchki <iavor.diatchki at gmail.com> wrote:
> The main problem I find with the module system is that it
> is difficult to export nearly everything from a module.

Just to clarify this, he means that in the sense that exporting all
but a few of the symbols from a module is difficult, not in the sense
that each thing is individually hard to export. :)  The problem is
that unless you export everything, you are forced to list all exports
explicitly, so there's no way to tell it just the few things you're
hiding (though that should not be a difficult extension).

 - Cale