[Haskell] problems with Haskell 98's record system

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Fri Feb 17 11:28:37 EST 2006

Hello,

is there any web resource which describes the problems with Haskell 98's
record system in a compact form?  The Curry people are about to adopt (parts
of) this module system and I warned them that many consider it flawed.  Alas,
I'm not an expert in this area, so I cannot give much good arguments in this
respect.  Therefore, I would be happy if someone could point me to a resource
describing the problems or even telling the Curry people about the problems
on the Curry Mailing List [1].

Best wishes,
Wolfgang