[Haskell] ANN: SmallCheck 0.0 another lightweight testing tool
colin at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Aug 21 22:18:19 EDT 2006
I have written a prototype tool that is similar in spirit, and in some
of its workings, to QuickCheck,
but based on exhaustive testing in a bounded space of test values.
Sales pitch: wouldn't you like to ...
* write test generators for your own types more easily?
* be sure that any counter-examples found are minimal? (##)
* write properties using existentials as well as universals?
* establish complete coverage of a defined test-space?
* display counter-examples of functional type? (##)
* guarantee repeatable test results? (##)
For more details and a Haskell 98 module SmallCheck download the small
tar file at:
If you try it, do let me know how you get on. Comments & suggestions
(##) There have been versions of QuickCheck with extras that address
these issues in other ways.
More information about the Haskell