[Haskell] Problem with types.

Jared Updike jupdike at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 14:41:05 EDT 2006

haskell-cafe at haskell.org is usually a better venue for these sorts of
questions. People there love helping people learn Haskell.

> And when I try to load it to GHCi I get an error (there is also plenty of
> others but they look the same):
> couldn't match Int against t t1

This error occurs because you provided a bad type signature, confusing
yourself and triggering the type checker to correct you. Sometimes you
can write code and if it compiles you can run ghci and try   :t
function   and it will tell you the right type of the function.

You might read

There are (strange) reasons Haskell is the (strange) way it is. With
patience (strange) things will make (strange) sense. Good luck!

reverse ")-:"