[Haskell] Problem with types.

Jared Updike jupdike at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 14:41:05 EDT 2006

haskell-cafe at haskell.org is usually a better venue for these sorts of
questions. People there love helping people learn Haskell.

> And when I try to load it to GHCi I get an error (there is also plenty of
> others but they look the same):
>
> couldn't match Int against t t1

This error occurs because you provided a bad type signature, confusing
yourself and triggering the type checker to correct you. Sometimes you
can write code and if it compiles you can run ghci and try   :t
function   and it will tell you the right type of the function.

You might read

  http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Introduction_to_IO

and

  http://www.haskell.org/hawiki/ThatAnnoyingIoType

There are (strange) reasons Haskell is the (strange) way it is. With
patience (strange) things will make (strange) sense. Good luck!

  Jared.

--
http://www.updike.org/~jared/
reverse ")-:"