[Haskell] Problem with comboBox

L. J. djsenda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 19:02:25 EDT 2006

On 8/14/06, Piotr Kalinowski <pitkali at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14/08/06, L. J. <djsenda at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, i'm making my first graphic interface program with Haskell. I use
> > Glade and Gtk+2.0. I create an empty comboBox with Glade and I want to
> > add items (strings) in run time (by means of the haskell code). I
> > tried with the functions 'comboBoxAppendText' and 'comboBoxInsertText'
> > (http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/docs/current/Graphics-UI-Gtk-MenuComboToolbar-ComboBox.html#t%3AComboBox)
> > but I can not do anything for display the information I want. This
> > functions require to work with a comboBox creates with the constructor
> > comboBoxNewText (and I think this constructor is not the used by
> > Glade). I can create it from Glade? I can do I want by another method?
> > Thanks.
> >

> You have two options:
>
> * In glade insert one-element, empty hbox (or vbox) instead of
> combobox, and then in runtime create a box with comboBoxNewText and
> add it into the hbox (or vbox). Now you can use comboBoxAppendText.
>
> * In glade insert comboBox as you do it now and in runtime add a model
> to that box (see attribute comboBoxModel). I am, however, not well
> versed in haskell interface to gtk+ so I can't help you with a model
> part (you can see how it is done for TreeView widget though).
>
> Regards,
> Piotr Kalinowski
> --
> Intelligence is like a river: the deeper it is, the less noise it makes

 Thanks Piotr for reply so faster. I have tried to do the two options
(firstly the second, which  I have not do anything good because the
models' dificulty). Then the first, I tried and I can do almost I
want, but I can not connect the hvox with the comboBoxNewText even I
read the Duncan's answer. Thanks you two very much.