[Haskell] wxHaskell with active GHCI input loop?

Simon Guest simon.guest at tesujimath.org
Tue Apr 25 15:24:15 EDT 2006

Hello Haskell Hackers,

I am trying to create a wxHaskell program which, while the GUI is
active, enables the user to type arbitrary haskell program fragments to
interact with the GUI.

Initially I thought I would run the wxHaskell main loop in a different
thread, and interact via the GHCI main loop, but I see that multiple
threads are not supported by wxHaskell.  I am wondering if hs-plugins
is the way to go, arranging for string input to be taken in the GUI,
and passed to the hs-plugins eval function.

However I want the interactive Haskell to be able to manipulate
objects displayed on the GUI, and am not sure if this can be done with
such a subservient hs-plugins evaluator?

Any suggestions?

cheers,
Simon