[Haskell] 6.2.1 for glibc-2.4

Paul A. Steckler steck at galois.com
Mon Apr 17 15:07:46 EDT 2006

[Apologies for the cross-post from Haskell Cafe, but I got no responses
there.]

I need a Linux ghc 6.2.1 built with glibc-2.4.  The existing 6.2.1 RPM,
built with glibc-2.3, works mostly OK, but with some programs, the
generated executables barf and die on startup.

Any suggestions on how to create such a beast?

I've tried using ghc 6.4.1, for which there's a Fedora 5 RPM, to build
6.2.1 from source, but all sorts of compile errors occur.

On a Linux with glibc-2.3 installed, is there a way to have the ghc
build use a different glibc?

-- Paul
--
Paul Steckler, PhD                             Tel: +1 503.626.6616 x156
Galois Connections, Inc.                       Fax: +1 503.350.0833
12725 SW Millikan Way, Beaverton, OR  97005    Email: steck at galois.com