[Haskell] Literal for Infinity

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Thu Sep 29 08:57:05 EDT 2005

The RealFloat class has a number of methods for testing
various properties of a FP number:
   isNaN :: a -> Bool
   isInfinite :: a -> Bool
   isDenormalized :: a -> Bool
   isNegativeZero :: a -> Bool
   isIEEE :: a -> Bool

If you really want to create an Infinity, I suggest 1/0,
but not all FP formats support it (IEEE754 does).

	-- Lennart