[Haskell] *** ICFP '06 CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS ***
blume at tti-c.org
Fri Sep 23 10:42:11 EDT 2005
ICFP '06 CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
The ICFP 2006 ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Functional
will be held in Portland, Oregon from September 18 to September 20,
Proposals for workshops are invited for consideration of ACM SIGPLAN
sponsorship and affiliation with ICFP 2006. Affiliated workshops will
be held on September 16 and 17 (as well as on September 21, if
necessary). The purpose of these workshops is to provide a forum for
presenting novel ideas in a less formal and possibly more focused way
than at ICFP itself. They may also provide good opportunities for
young researchers to present their work to, and to obtain feedback
from, a specialized community. The format of each workshop is to be
determined by its organizers, but it is expected that each workshop
allows ample time for general discussion. The preference is for
workshops which span only one day, but other schedules will also be
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit workshop proposals
to the ICFP 2006 Workshop Chairs, Matthias Blume and Patricia Johann,
via e-mail (icfp06-workshops at cs.uchicago.edu), NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER
11, 2005. Submission may be made by e-mail (Postscript, PDF, or ASCII)
with "ICFP06 Workshop Submission" in the subject header. Following
ACM SIGPLAN's sponsorship procedures, proposals must include:
1. The name of the workshop.
2. A statement of goals for the workshop.
3. The names and addresses of the organizers.
4. The names of potential participants, such as program committee
(It would be wise to inform your potential comittee members that
they have been selected pending SIGPLAN approval.)
5. A description of plans for calls for participation (e.g., calls
6. The expected number of attendees and planned length of the
7. A description of plans for publicity.
8. An explanation of any plans for a published proceedings.
9. A description of past versions of the workshop, including dates,
organizers, submission and acceptance counts, attendance, sites,
registration fees and summary budget information.
10. The URL of the workshop web site.
Note that should a proposal be accepted, a final report about the
workshop, suitable for publication in SIGPLAN Notices, will be
Notification of acceptance will be made by DECEMBER 15, 2005.
Accepted workshops will be sponsored by SIGPLAN (see
http://www.acm.org/sigplan/sigplan_workshop_proposal.htm for more
A committee chaired by the ICFP 2006 Workshop Chairs and consisting of
the ICFP Program and General Chairs and the SIGPLAN Executive
Committee will evaluate all proposals.
The workshop selection committee members are:
* Matthias Blume, TTI-Chicago, Workshop co-Chair for ICFP 2006
* Patricia Johann, Rutgers University, Workshop co-Chair for ICFP
* Julia Lawall, DIKU, Program Chair for ICFP 2006
* John Reppy, University of Chicago, General Chair for ICFP 2006
The maximum number of workshop proposals to be accepted is 6.
Any further information needed for preparing a workshop proposal can
be obtained by sending email to the workshop chairs
(icfp06-workshops at cs.uchicago.edu) or consulting the ICFP 2006 web site
More information about the Haskell