[Haskell] Realistic max size of GHC heap

S. Alexander Jacobson alex at alexjacobson.com
Thu Sep 15 09:48:03 EDT 2005

Should one interpret this as GHC now targets 64-bit systems or does
one need to employ some sort of clevernesss to use this much memory?
(I posted this question a while ago and was told that GHC did not at
that time support 64-bit so could not use that much memory)

On a related note, does GHC now distribute IO threads over multiple
CPUs or is it still a 1 CPU system?

-Alex-

S. Alexander Jacobson tel:917-770-6565 http://alexjacobson.com