[Haskell] Missing docs on Debian?

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Tue Sep 6 09:19:30 EDT 2005

Isaac Jones wrote:
> Yitzchak Gale writes:

> > Using Debian testing with the ghc6-doc package
> > installed (version 6.4-3)... (I was missing
> > docs)

> It looks to me like this isn't the version from
> "testing" fwiw, but the version from
> "unstable"...  try upgrading to the new version
> (maybe Ian can say whether there's any fix
> between -3 and -4).

Thanks, you are right. Since I had to get 6.4
manually (testing is still stuck way back at 6.2),
I forgot that I do not get upgrades automatically.

> ...did you get this -doc package from the
> Haskell Unsafe repository... ?

Oooh, nice! I didn't know about this. So now I can
indeed get automatic updates.

It looks like there is nothing interesting there
in testing, though. So I guess I want unstable.

For the benefit of other Debian users, Google took
me here:

http://haskell-unsafe.alioth.debian.org/haskell-unsafe.html

where I found the following lines to add to my
/etc/apt/sources.list file:

deb http://haskell-unsafe.alioth.debian.org/archive/i386 . unstable
deb-src http://haskell-unsafe.alioth.debian.org/archive/i386 . unstable

If you are using Debian stable, and you want the
not-quite-as-old Haskell packages from testing,
change "unstable" to "stable" in the above lines.

Regards,
Yitz