[Haskell] Making shared libraries with Haskell

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 5 11:09:01 EDT 2005

On 26 September 2005 08:57, Joel Reymont wrote:

> Is the procedure of creating shared libraries with Haskell and
>
> Is this even possible?

It currently isn't possible to build a Unix-style .so from Haskell code
using GHC, although there is work in this direction (PIC and shared
libraries are supported on MacOS X, and other platforms are in
progress).

It is possible to build a Windows DLL from Haskell code, although
currently all the Haskell code has to reside in a single DLL.  Again,
this is a restriction we intend to lift in the future.  It has been
working before, but bitrotted due to fragility and lack of developer
resources.

Cheers,
	Simon