[Haskell] Haskell based web server?

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 15:29:22 EST 2005

On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 01:10:03PM -0800, Gregory Woodhouse wrote:
> I've been reading the article "Tackling the Awkward Squad" by Simon
> Peyton Jones (and find it very readable and useful, BTW). I wonder if
> the HTTP/1.1 server referred to in this article is available on the
> web.

I think you can get it from the fptools CVS repository. You will
find instructions on the GHC site - http://www.haskell.org/ghc/.

It's pretty old and because it uses non-standard extensions, you may
have some problems with newer versions of GHC. If you do, try with
hws-wp (http://www.mdstud.chalmers.se/~md9ms/hws-wp/).

> If not, where else can I look for examples of TCP/IP based
> server applications written in Haskell?

HTTP client library written in Haskell:
    http://www.haskell.org/http/
A chat client written in Haskell: