[Haskell] Haskell based web server?

Gregory Woodhouse gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 12 17:00:51 EST 2005

On Nov 12, 2005, at 1:45 PM, Tomasz Zielonka wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 01:10:03PM -0800, Gregory Woodhouse wrote:
>
>> I ask because I'm very much a  Haskell newbie, but have spent several
>> years developing interfaces  for medical information systems based on
>> HL7, and am interested  (among other things) in the possibilities of
>> using Haskell to develop  safety critical systems.
>>

> You may find this entertaining... or not:
>     http://www.haskell.org/humor/saveslives.html
> ;-)
>
> Best regards
> Tomasz

The sad thing is that it's almost believable. For the last few days,
there have been a series of stories about patients dying due to
medication errors. What really made an impression on me, though, was
a few years ago when I was asked to develop a parser driven tool to
build a dependency graph. I think it's unfortunate that the software
we depend on has grown so complex that no one person can really
understand it. What appeals to me about Haskell is how much more
transparent well written (at least) code in Haskell is than C, Java
or MUMPS.

Oh, and I did find it entertaining.

===
Gregory Woodhouse
gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net

"You can't win if you don't finish the race."
--Richard Petty