[Haskell] Making Haskell more open

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Sun Nov 13 14:09:44 EST 2005

Am Sonntag, 13. November 2005 19:21 schrieb Gour:
> Wolfgang Jeltsch (wolfgang at jeltsch.net) wrote:
> > > I'd like that we keep the present css style of the site (color theme)
> > > which I find very nice and appealing,
> >
> > The font size is way too small!
>
> Well, in every browser I know (on Linux), you can setup your preferred
> sitze for minimum and/or medium font size.

The font size is much smaller than the font size of other webpages.  So if I
would change the default font size to give good results with the Haskell
website, all other websites would have their text in very large letters.

> [...]

> > You can also export Word documents as HTML but as far as I know this
> > is not advisable.
>
> If the html is desired output, no need for a complex thing as Docbook.

What I wanted to illustrate is the fact that being able to export in certain
format doesn't necessarily mean that this is worthwhile.

> > The main advantage of DocBook is that it uses truely logical markup.
> > Logical markup is something we should keep under all circumstances.
>
> DocBook is much richer markup language than HTML, so what is the need to
> author in a complicated markup when much simpler tools can do the job?

The question is if HTML is sufficient.  In addition, HTML is at some points
not well thought-out.

> [...]

> Sincerely,
> Gour