[Haskell] Making Haskell more open

Gour list at atmarama.org
Sun Nov 13 13:21:31 EST 2005

Wolfgang Jeltsch (wolfgang at jeltsch.net) wrote:

> > I'd like that we keep the present css style of the site (color theme)
> > which I find very nice and appealing,
>
> The font size is way too small!

Well, in every browser I know (on Linux), you can setup your preferred
sitze for minimum and/or medium font size.

> As long as newsgroups are not substantially worse than the three other
> communication forms, you should list them.

You did not mention what is the advantage of newsgroups over the mailing
lists, therefore I am leaving them out.

> The question is how the DocBook documents created by Drupal look.

That should be tested, of course.

> You can also export Word documents as HTML but as far as I know this
> is not advisable.

If the html is desired output, no need for a complex thing as Docbook.

> The main advantage of DocBook is that it uses truely logical markup.
> Logical markup is something we should keep under all circumstances.

DocBook is much richer markup language than HTML, so what is the need to
author in a complicated markup when much simpler tools can do the job?

> By the way, is Drupal Free/Open Source Software?

>From the Gentoo ebuild description:

Drupal is a PHP-based open-source platform and content management system
for building dynamic web sites offering a broad range of features and
services; including user administration, publishing workflow, discussion
capabilities, news aggregation, metadata functionalities using
controlled vocabularies and XML publishing for content sharing purposes.
Equipped with a powerful blend of features and configurability, Drupal
can support a diverse range of web projects ranging from personal
weblogs to large community-driven sites.

License:  GPL-2

Sincerely,
Gour

--