[Haskell] Haskell users survey--please respond!

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Sat Nov 12 10:34:25 EST 2005

Hello John,

Saturday, November 12, 2005, 2:00:13 AM, you wrote:

>> how about adding question about features people want in Haskell 1.6?

JH> I'll think about this. I really liked your idea of a "permanent
JH> survey"--when I get back from Argentina I'll think about setting that up.
JH> Clearly, lots of people are interested in this!

some more thoughts:

if this survey will become permanent, it will can - and even need - to
become larger. someone can log in, answer several questions, logout,
then answer next several questions on next day and so on

i don't know what will say about this idea GHC team, but my first
candidate to including in this "permanent survey" is obvious - the GHC
survey we are filled in March. i also more like it's organization -
several variants of answers and free-form fields for comments

moreover, it will be interseting if anyone will have ability to add
not only new answer variants, but new questions and even whole new
categories and sub-categories. so, one day Simon itself can log in,
add "GHC" section, "features" subsection, "optimization"
sub-subsection and write several questions in this sub-subsection.
next day i will log in and add section "My SuperLib" and ask what i
want. third day John will publish his proposal about hyper-classes and
give us hyper-link to place where we immediately can vote for or
against this proposal

it will be like magic. and tommorrow all wiki systems will add this
feature to their abilities :)

one feature i found interesting on www.ruby-lang.org site is regular
polls about adding new features to the language. i think that by
establishing user-extensible questionnaire with permanent database we
can go even further and make possible to everyone easily gather
opinions about everything related to Haskell

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com