[Haskell] Making Haskell more open

Gour list at atmarama.org
Fri Nov 11 15:30:05 EST 2005

Creighton Hogg (wchogg at lotus.hep.wisc.edu) wrote:

> Well, you don't have to be registered to post on it, which
> is actually rather nice.

Hmmm, iirc, gmane.org wanted me to authorize in order to be able to
post though I do not know what is the present policy.

> Also, I think the archiving would work better.  The current Haskell
> mailing list archives don't seem to run very fast.  If it was a
> newsgroup, then you could use google groups to browse through old
> messages.

I do not experience any delay with the http://www.mail-archive.com/
archive, although it is possible to put e.g. htdig search engine on
haskell.org (there are patches for integration with mailman and I put
them on few sites.)

Besides that, one can always use something like:

'gtk2hs site:www.haskell.org//pipermail/haskell/' as a search term in
Google to restrict hits to e.g. 'haskell' mailing list.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Registered Linux User	| #278493