[Haskell] Making Haskell more open

Gour list at atmarama.org
Fri Nov 11 12:29:24 EST 2005

Simon Marlow (simonmar at microsoft.com) wrote:

> We already use DocBook XML, and I'm relatively pleased with it, except
> for the fact that it's far from easy to set up a working DocBook
> toolchain on your system unless your OS of choice is up to date and has
> a well-maintained set of DocBook packages.

I consider that the structure of the present ghc manual does not need
such a rich markup as DocBook which is, imho, not very user-friendly.

otoh, I'd prefer something simple (if you want to get contributions from
more users) like 'txt2tags'

(see e.g. http://txt2tags.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html)

which enables one to do lot with very simple markup.

There are many targets supported, light sys-reqs, cli & gui, and even
syntax highlighting for (g)vim, emacs, kate...

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Registered Linux User	| #278493