[Haskell] Re: Making Haskell more open

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 10:50:45 EST 2005

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 03:19:27PM +0000, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> > I cannot imagine that a couple of people is sufficient to review all recent
> > changes and therefore I don't think they do it this way.  There are some
> > typical articles where screwing up happens often, so these articles might be
> > regularily revisited.  Screwing up of articles might as well be removed by
> > ordinary people who discover ugly things in articles by accident.
>
> One possability here would be to have all changes to the wiki reported
> in real time (or near real time) in the #haskell IRC channel. The
> #haskell lambdabot could be extended to do this.
>
> The #haskell IRC channel is active nearly 24 hours a day and has a
> membership that varies between 170 and 200. This would easily be enough
> eyes to spot malicious or inaccurate changes.

I think that the amount of changes that need to be reviewed could be
dramatically reduced if we create some trust management system, for
example we could trust changes made by authorized users. The users
who most often contribute to the Wiki will probably be the same who care
about reviewing changes and they probably won't mind to log in, so their
changes won't have to be reviewed.

Best regards
Tomasz